Saturday, October 01, 2005

Little Dogs, New Toys, Crashing Ships, and a list at the Silver Screen...

This weekend already looks to be interesting. First
of all, there has been a new and Temporary...no,
TEMPORARY addition to the family. As we (me and the
missus) was drivin along on Airport road, she leans to
me and says, 'Oh what a cute puppy.' To which I,
suffering from a horrible migraine and slouching in
the passenger seat ask, 'What dog?'. 'Wanna turn
around and see it?' she asks me? I nod and we turn
around. What we find is a little baby pit bull, the
color of light and milk chocolate, like a chocolate
cow might look. The poor thing can't be more than 6
months old and is horribly malnurished. No collar,
and rooting around for food. None of the neighbors or
people around seem to know who's dog it is but admit
to seeing her running around, going through garbage.
Me and the missus debate about whether or not to take
her to the vet or leave her there. Then, when my wife
picks her up, the little pooch kisses her. She's
really a sweet puppy, if totally NOT housebroker and
very loving. The minute the dog, licked her face, she
couldn't say no. Wow...never thought I'd be typing
THAT in my blog...

I got my new phone yesterday (uh...yesterday being
wednesday because it's still friday and I dont count
friday because I had a headache. Anyway, I got me a
grand spankin new Treo 650, with all the bells and
whistles and what not. Its a pretty good phone, all
to be told, although it is a bit quiet when Im
talking. So I got my new Celly...with new
digits....for those that want em, holla atcha boy and
I'll come up on them digits.

Saw Serenity Tonight. I liked it a lot. I was close
to loving it until near the end when....wait, I dont
want to spoil it for those who've see it, but lets
just say, people die, not the people you think Will
die, and this may or may not fuck up your whole night.
But still, I liked the movie alot and am glad that
Whedon was able to make his vision come true. How
good would Firefly have been in 4 seasons? Who knows.
It never got a fair shake. Mores the pity...but that
brings me to one point I noticed whilst perveying the
previews; There are a shitload of hot new movies
comign out this fall and winter. I mean, movies that
could have conceivably come out this summer to make
the summer movie season not suck so much donkey
scrotum.

Lets see, on the short list of movies I'm going to see
are; Chronicles of Narnia, cause...yeah....watch the
full trailer. I just gotta read The Lion the Witch
and the Wardrobe again cause its been like 15 years.
I dont remember shit about that thing. Seriously.
Nothing. There was a lion....uh...and a witch....and
a closet with clothes in it. Maybe. What else...oh
yeah, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, of course.
Jarhead, which is a movie adaptation of a book, which
I havent read but heard about on NPR and thought it
sounded really good. Jake Ghlynynyhl or however you
spell his damn name, and Jamie Fox. And some other
people I dont care to recall. What else. Oh yes, who
can forget Mirrormask, the movie that Neil Fucking
Gaiman plucked out of my soul and made into a full
motion Dali painting on steroids. I love Neil Gaiman,
and Im just jealous. What else. A Scanner
Darkly....Keanu being Neo, but drawn instead of
overacted. But probably overacted anyway...more
Phillip K. Dick for dat ass. Those are just a few.
There are more that I MIGHT see in the theater, but
most likely am just frontin like a punk now and when I
think about spending the dough to see the flick when
it comes out, will awkwardly make an excuse and walk
the other way.

Long Post, I dont care.
PokerNight tomorrow (Later today, really) IF people
show up. Stupid people dont want to lose their money
to me.
Vet tomorrow for the new dog my wife has taken to call
Puddin. *Shrug* We'll see what the vet says about
her health.

I'm going to bed...I'd talk to you more but then I'd
have to fall asleep.

Benticore
Out
'If I'm not back in five minutes and you haven't heard
from me, you take this ship and you come and rescue
me. I mean that. I'm not getting left behind.'
Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

No comments: