Monday, December 19, 2005

Headache? Tired? Miserable? Welcome to Monday!

My Mood is: Tired and Headachy but at work and suffering through it like a man with bills to pay

Now Playing: Greensleeves, A Charlie Brown Christmas; Vince Guaraldi Trio

 

Worried about your parents?

I am.  My dad is having issues.  My mom is sick.  Neither will talk to me at length on their problems or really let me help them, nor do I have any idea as to how I might because they won't tell me what's wrong.  So I have to sit back and try to get them to let me help and I pray for them.  That's how I started my weekend; with stress and worry battling prayer and the love of my wife and kid.  Daimushi called from Japan to console me but we didn't get to talk long because he had to go back to work, but I appreciate his call nonetheless.  Daimushi is a rare gem in a world full of cold metals and dull rocks.

 

Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree

We got our Christmas tree this weekend.  It's a live one and is very nice and smells wonderful.  It has been awhile since I've had a Christmas tree in the house and it was a great boon to the mood to have the pine-scented memories come flooding back to me as I wandered near it.  Cammy thinks the tree is okay, and was curious about why a tree was in our house, this being her first real Christmas since she was way too young to remember the first one.  We aint got lots of fancy shmancy ornaments but we got some lights, and we'll get the little colored ball ornaments and tinsel and all that crap this week.

 

Lion & Spear, still chuggin

I'm still working on the Lion & Spear novel.  Its not writing itself, much to my chagrin, so I've decided to sub in for the lazy bastard and throw down a few pages when I have time to get to it.  One of the things I've noticed about writing is it seems like (to me at least) a bike ride through hilly country.  Sometimes you go up a big steep hill and you have to work and pedal hard and it doesn't seem like you're making much progress and other times you're on level ground and it's decent progress and sometimes you come down hill and you just coast, not even needing to pedal really.  And then there are the times when you get blisters on your ass from sitting on that tiny seat that is just big enough to widen your crack.  Your multicolored spandex biker shorts are riding up and pinching you in sensitive areas and your tired.  So you pull off to the side of the road and you rest and you eat and you get that awful spandex wedgie out of your ass before it enters your colon.

            Well, Im at a place, writing, where I feel like I've come over the top of a medium hill and am now pedal along a straight away, a few twists and turns but nothing I cant handle.  It's a good place to be.

 

This week in the Lives of the Hendersons

This week there's no Gym for Cammy.  Last Wednesday she got an award for completing her class and next year will be moving up to the higher age group (18 months to 3 years and appropriately titled 'Beasties') so that should allow her to learn more from bigger kids that can challenge her and help her grow.  Maybe some bowling Wednesday, if we can get there before we start dropping like flies at 9pm.  Some last minute Christmas shopping and both me and the Missus is off on Friday.  I hope to avoid any shopping this weekend but I'm not sure how that will go.  I hope to write some and hit the gym often this week as well...Just need to wake up first *yawn*.

 

            OH! And let us not forget! SERENITY ON DVD ON TUESDAY!!!!!!  Best believe I'mma cop that son, word is bond!


Interesting Website of the Day: Neopets?

Ever hear of Neopets?  They're cute little computer animals that you take care of a train and then they...uhm...sit there....I guess... I don't know...Johns GF Shannon is into them and they are free to create and maintain.  If you were bored and wanted to try something new and pointless on the web, you could check them out HERE and see if you can Catch Em All....oh...sorry...wrong collectible cute cuddlie animal thing that battles other ones for the entertainment of their Masters.  I certainly wont be checking it out.  I CERTAINLY wont Create a Neopet and lavish him will all sorts of love and painful discipline.  Not me.  Never.

 

Benticore

Out

(Your firearms are too short to box with God...)

No comments: