Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Matrix Has Reset itself...

Portents in dreams...
Okay, so this morning (the morning of 8/16/05, which is also my father's birthday) I had a dream that I woke up, tried to get Raquita to wake up, pulled on some clothes and then laid back down to catch a few more minutes sleep before Grandma got there.  But then I woke up again, looked down, saw that I didnt have any clothes up and got up again, a little annoyed that I had to get dressed all over again.  Thinking you've woken up but you're still in a dream?  Rare but it happens...But then I get to work...The first thing my boss tells me is that he had a dream where he woke up, did some stuff and then woke up again...and his wife had the same experience.  Weird, very weird.  Then a co-worker who came over to talk about his new dog, started to talk about how HE woke up to walk the dog, was outside and woke up again in his bed, a little confused.  This morning his wife called (maybe she's out of town) and told him that SHE had the same kind of dream. 
 
So, what I want all the visitors to do who come to this site (all three of you) is to think back to this morning.  Did you wake up today but were still in a dream but didnt realize it till you woke up again?  The dream in which you woke up would only have lasted maybe ten minutes or so.  If you did, holla at me.  Maybe the Matrix DID get reset.  Either way, some strange stuff might be afoot.
 
 
Who's your daddy?  That guy right there...
So I won this weekend's little Poker game at the house.  It was again a lot of fun.  I wont go into the details for all of you who aren't poker fans but a little advice to General Saito; If you've got a King high flush, DO NOT FOLD!!  The chances of somebody holding that ace of spades is pretty low and you've got a good chance of winning.  My father came through which was great, cause I've never played cards with him and he seemed to have a good time.  We went to brunch with him on sunday and will probably go to dinner with him sometime this week.  Today is his birthday so I wanna get two books for him, aside from his coin collecting book.  I wish I could get them signed like he gets our gifts signed but he's retired so he has that kind of time.
 
 
An Irishman goes up a mountain in a Sweatshirt...stop me if you've heard this one...
Talked to our Man in Japan last night.  He's on his way to the top of Mount Fuji as we speak, going on a night hike of the mountain.  For some reason, his parents didnt send him a coat, just a sweatshirt, and no hiking boots, just tennis shoes, so he's going to have a tough time, never mind the smoking and lack of excercise.  But we're praying for you, big Dog...Just remember to fall Forward (apparently a freshman was found dead there just yesterday, killed from a fall that scraped him along the rocky, razor sharp igneous rocks that litter the mountain side).
 
 
Sometimes all you need is a little quiet space...
Last night, I left the comforts of home to venture to the local library to do some writing.  I must say that it was a very productive evening and I got a lot of writing done.  If I can get 9 hours a week at the library, I'll really be able to make a dent in this novel.  9 hours writing, 9 hours working out, 18 hours makin love to my woman, 18 hours playing with my daughter.  I just need to cut out that work....thing....
 
 
Benticore
Out
(And he's dating a girl named AK...)

1 comment:

CousinSarah said...

If you figure out how to make that work thing disappear let me know...I need the same layout you just said. To be honest this morning, I woke up and looked at what time it was and then went back to sleep with the phone (my alarm) in my hand and woke up without the phone. I am seriously just the level above dead woman walking right now with the hours I put in, so it is entirely possible I did wake up and and put it back cause I am prone to do stuff in my sleep and not realize it....but that is wierd.